Monday, July 25, 2011

Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers


I made these crackers out of boredom and my love of all things cheesy. I see homemade crackers all over the blogosphere but this was my first time making them. I was browsing through blogs this past Sunday and within 20 minutes of me seeing the cracker recipe I got to work on making them. The recipe comes together pretty quickly as the whole process is similar to making shortbread cookies. After they baked I gave them 5 minutes to cool and started to indulge. After eating one...two...maybe three...whatever, whose counting..I came to the conclusion that these were really tasty but a little to cheesy for my taste. I know your looking like me as if I'm crazy..but yea these were a little to cheesy for cheese crackers. It tasted like the little bit of cheese that runs out of your grilled cheese sandwich and gets fried in the pan by itself. I will definitely make again and just cut down on the cheese. I have to note that my sister thought they were perfect as is but she's a extreme cheese lover. Now the only way for you to form an opinion would be for you to make these yourself so get to baking!

Cheddar Cheese Crackers
makes 28

1/ 2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp or pinch cayenne pepper
8oz cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1 cup unbleached flour

- Prepare a large sheet pan with cooking spray or with parchment paper and set to the side.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine butter, salt, and peppers until well mixed.
- Add in flour and cheese, mix on medium until well combined.
- Place mixture in plastic wrap and roll into a log shape.
- Place log in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time heat oven to 350 degrees.
- After 30 minutes remove dough from the refrigerator and cut into slices.
- Slices should be cut 1/4 inch thick but I cut mine a little thinner for more crispiness
- Place slices on sheet pan and bake until crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy.

vegetablematter.blogspot.com via Epicurious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment