Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mixed Drinks: Carnival Breeze.

Who doesn't like a good mixed drink in the summer? Living in the city far away from my favorite beaches in the Caribbean means that I don't have many beach days. Today I just wanted to feel like I was back in Trinidad for carnival surrounded by sweet music, great friends, ridiculous antics, never ending parties, and sunshine. There was only one...well two problems, carnival is almost six months away and I am no mixologist. I did some research on existing drinks around how I wanted mine to look and I got to work. This drink uses the special edition Angostura Single Barrel rum that came out for carnival but any TRINIDAD rum will do. Don't let me hear you using wray and nephew or bacardi...it just wont do!! We also used the famous Angostura bitters in this as well. As soon as I finished mixing I took a towel up to the rooftop and took in some sunshine. Its no beach but it gave me a lil time to reminisce. Mix this this up quick and take a mind trip to the sun and soca.

Carnival Cooler
Makes 1 drink
1 1/2 shots Single Barrel Rum (or other trinidad dark rum)
1 dash Angostura bitters
dash of lime juice
4 shots pineapple orange juice (can use plain orange juice)
Crushed ice
Grenadine Syrup
1 Maraschino cherry
Lime wedge

- Mix rum, bitters, lime juice, and orange pineapple juice together.
- Pour mixture into tall glass over crushed ice.
- Pour grenadine syrup into the glass slowly it will sink to the bottom. DONT MIX.
- Garish with lime wedge and maraschino cherry.
- Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment