Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Cupcakes: Caramel Mocha Latte Cupcakes


This will be a next short post. I just wanted to show some ultra delicious cupcakes that I baked up last night. Its an over the top version of the Brown Eyed Baker mocha cupcakes. This recipe is perfect if only for the fact that it makes exactly 12 cupcakes. I must say that I  changed some of the ingredients to suit my personal taste and I also used my own icing. I am sure the original recipe is good as is since it has gotten great reviews all over the web...but I know what I like and bake to suit. To make these extra decadent I made some caramel sauce following a David Lebovitz recipe. I have made his salted caramel before for brownies with success, so I decided to try his other caramel recipe that doesn't need butter. This caramel recipe cooks relatively quick and taste great. Enjoy

Creamy Caramel Sauce
makes 1 1/2 cups
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

- In large heavy-duty saucepan, spread the sugar in an even layer and cook over medium to low heat.
- Keep careful watch on the sugar to see when it begins to liquefy.
- Use a heatproof spatula or spoon to gently stir and encourage cooking.
- Stir sugar until it is completely melted and turns a deep amber color.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in half of the cream and stir vigorously.
- Carefully stir until the sugar is dissolved and then whisk in remaining cream, salt, and vanilla.
- If you get any hard bits just cook over low heat until dissolved and smooth.
- Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment