When you have tons of leftover ingredients from past baking experiments what do you do? Do you throw it away or choose to turn it into something new....I definitely choose the latter. I had some caramel sauce leftover from christmas and chocolate leftover from valentines day. I decided that the easiest thing would be to make some brownies and swirl the caramel in...nothing innovative just simply yummy goodness. I used my favorite brownie recipe and added 1tbsp of espresso powder and swirled in my homemade salted caramel. For this recipe you can simply use store bought caramel sauce but if you want the recipe I used just email me.
Mocha Caramel Brownies
8tbsp unsalted butter
5oz semi sweet chocolate
1 tbsp espresso powder
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper foil
- Melt chocolate and butter in large sauce pot ove low heat.
- When chocolate and butter is melted, add sugar and espresso powder to the same sauce pot and whisk until combined.
-Whisk in eggs one at a time followed by vanilla and salt
- Finally whisk in flour until mixture is smooth and uniform
- Pour brownies into prepared pan and then add dollops of caramel sauce on top of different sections of the pan.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the caramel throughout the brownie mixture.
- When your finished swirling put your brownies in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a sheet pan with ice an leave to the side.