Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Welcome back with White Chocolate Mud Cake


Hey everyone I'm back and I've missed you all. Judging from the new followers and page views regardless to my absence, I'll go out on a limb and say that you've missed me too! I wont go off on a tangent about why I haven't been here but Ill say that I've made many transitions and all for the better. So without any further adieu here is a great, simple celebratory cake to commemorate the occasion. This cake was made in my post hurricane sandy boredom. I also have a habit (good habit) of also finishing what I have on hand before opening new ingredients. There was so much white chocolate sitting in the refrigerator that needed to be used before it went bad. I also had chocolate Italian meringue buttercream already made in the freezer and time to spare. I like to try out new recipes so I searched the web for a white chocolate cake that didn't require too much work. Finally found a recipe named white chocolate mud cake, I had all the ingredients called for so it was perfect. The cake came together quickly, you can just mix everything in the same pot you melt the chocolate in. It takes a bit longer to bake than a regular cake at the lower temp. Its also a dense cake, speaking of dense...this cake possesses my favorite texture for cake. I know some people like light sponges but that is definitely not my thang! I love a buttery, dense(but not heavy), tight crumbed slice of cake with simple buttercream icing. I was never into really extravagant cakes as in my opinion nothing beats a really well made, simple, delicious cake. Another side note on this cake is that it can be flash cooled by sticking it in the freezer right after taking it out the oven (that's what I did), but it honestly taste so much better the next day which makes it a great make ahead dessert. Ok! Enough small talk...on to the recipe. Please note this recipe is in grams. It can be converted to ounces and possibly cups by using an online converter (just google grams to cups).

White Chocolate Mud Cake
makes (1) 9in Cake

300g white chocolate
200g butter
250g milk 
165g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
60g or (2) large eggs 
100g self rising flour
150g all purpose flour

- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9x3in circular cake pan. (or any cake pan that can accommodate the cake)
- Place chocolate, butter, sugar, and eggs in a pot on low to melt.
- While chocolate mix melts, place eggs an vanilla in separate bowl.
- Sift flours together in another bowl.
- When chocolate mix is fully melted, remove from heat, and allow to cool for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- When eggs are incorporated add in flour mix in 3 parts.
- When mixture is smooth, pour into cake pan and place in the oven.
- Bake cake for 60-90mins or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to fully cool before frosting. 
- For a similar frosting recipe please go HERE. Just replace the white chocolate with dark or semisweet chocolate.

I really hope that you all enjoy this recipe...also if you are on Instagram come follow me (yvettebakanal) for more food, garden, and KITTY pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment