Monday, October 25, 2010

English Roast Potatoes

Growing up I always loved family dinners on Sundays. In my Granny's house there was always an abundance of food, a mix of Caribbean, English, and American. One of my favorite side dishes from Sunday "lunch" as Caribbean people say was English roast potatoes. My aunt used to prepare it and she always had me help her with the preparations. I'm not sure how my aunt came into making this recipe but it more than likely has something to do with her having family in England. Back to the good stuff...when they came out the oven,those little quarters of potatoes bronzed and glistening I couldn't help but sneak a couple before dinner..they were soooo yummy! Today I'm all grown up but still love making these little roasted gems and yes I still sneak a few as soon as they come out the oven.

* this recipe makes alot so cut down if you don't have a large amount to feed.

English Roast Potatoes
5lb bag of red potatoes, quartered and boil till fork tender
1 packet of onion soup mix
1/2 cup olive oil
black pepper to taste

- Heat oven at 400 degrees
- When your potatoes finish boiling, strain them and add into a large bowl
- Pour olive oil over potatoes along with soup mix and black pepper, toss
- Spread on sheet pan and baked until golden about 45 minutes

This is before it bakes

This is how it looks on a dinner plate

No comments:

Post a Comment