Monday, November 22, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies

This time around I was going to make something my mom could enjoy...no cocoa filled brownies this week since mom doesn't like chocolate. I decide to check out one of my favorite blogs bakingbites.com to see if I could find something. I saw she had a snickerdoodle brownie recipe and I thought to myself that should work. My mom loves the snickerdoodle cookies I make so I was hoping she would love these just as much. Since the recipes here are pretty much no fail I didn't have any doubts about wasting ingredients. This recipe is just to easy and would recommend for anyone from a novice baker to an accomplished chef who just wants some comforting spicy goodness. The recipe has a great texture, thick and chewy like a brownie I loved it and so did the family. I would like to try making this recipe with real Ceylon cinnamon instead of the widely available cassia kind and taste the difference.  I totally recommend this to my readers, just bake a batch of these up quickly and enjoy with a nice cup of tea during the cooler months.


Snickerdoodle Blondies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in salt, egg and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in flour and stir until no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Pour dough – it will be thick – into prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer.
Stir together remaining 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Sprinkle dough evenly with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until bars are set and the edges are just very lightly browned. Cool in the pan before slicing.
Makes 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment