Monday, August 30, 2010

Oreo Ice cream


Who doesn't love the oreos? Its like the quintessential go to sandwich cookie. Oreos bring back great childhood memories for me and is such a comfort food in my book. Recently I have been on an ice cream making binge and wanted to try one of my favorite ice cream flavors which is cookies and cream. Not straying to far from the vanilla cheesecake recipe I made last week from Baking 911 I decided to throw in crushed oreos and make an oreo ice cream for me and my sister to enjoy. I followed the exact same recipe and added 20 crushed oreos to the cold mixture when I put it in the ice cream maker and voila! The texture was so creamy and smooth, no air bubbles so this is premium stuff here people! As always I only modify this recipe from the original by using a little more cream in place of the milk. All I can say is delish! I hope you decide to give it a try I promise you wont be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment