This recipe here epitomizes summer time decadence. Its a vanilla infused blondie on the bottom with creamy strawberry mousse on top. You do have to turn on your oven to bake the blondie but it bakes so quick you'd hardly have time to feel the heat. The mousse whips up really quick in less than ten minutes!
I used strawberry preserves for the mousse but you can experiment with all different flavors of preserves. The blondie recipe is from Smitten Kitchen and the mousse is my own. This dessert is perfect for a summer evening. Try it out today and let me know how you liked it!
Strawberry Dream Cups
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 cup flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray ramekins with cooking spray.
- Mix melted butter and sugar with a whisk until combined.
- Whisk in egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Whisk in flour until no streaks of flour remain.
- Dive batter equally amongst ramekins.
- Bake @350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
4oz whipped topping, slightly softened
3 tsp strawberry preserves
pink food coloring, optional
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Add in whipped topping, mix until combined.
- Now add in preserves, mix until well blended.
- Finally add in food color if using.
- Spread mousse on top of blondies in ramekins equally.
- Top with fresh strawberries if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Dig in and enjoy.
** If using fresh strawberries, after you cut them place them on paper towels to absorb excess juices. After a few minutes you can proceed to place them on your dessert.