Thanks so much..you all are a swell bunch :)
Hey hey hey, that doesn't mean I wont leave you without a recipe today. The catch is that It has no photo but that doesn't mean its anything less than delicious. The recipe is for a quick yummy no meat lasagna. I don't really make lasagna but I wanted to experiment by using some marscapone cheese that was getting ready to expire soon. Marscapone in appearance is similar to cream cheese but in taste its like cream cheeses cousin that lives in the Hampton's and flies by private jet. Marcapone should be available in the specialty section of your dairy isle but I bought mine from my local Trader Joe's.
When it comes to lasagna I'm use to my sisters richer version of spinach lasagna that is so rich it gives you "the itis." I wanted something lighter and quicker for everyday and this recipe hit the spot. It had great texture and taste...my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I hope you all decide to try it out..its superb!
half pack or 16 noodles of lasagna, boiled
32oz(1 1/2 bottles) marinara pasta sauce
16oz ricotta cheese
8oz marscapone cheese
16oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- Spray a rectangular casserole dish( I used 14x9) with cooking spray and put a light layer of pasta sauce on the bottom. Also bring oven to 380 degrees.
- In medium bowl mix mozzarella with marscapone cheese, the mix will be clumpy its fine.
- Layer casserole dish with four pasta noodles and spread a layer of ricotta over them. Scatter the several clumps of the mozzarella cheese on top and then finish with a layer of pasta sauce. Repeat this step two more times.
- For the last layer of noodles just remaining pasta sauce and cheese mixture on top. If you have grated Parmesan on hand that can also be spread on top.
- Place lasagna in oven and bake until browned on top about 30 minutes.