Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Brownie Pots


I know the weather is getting warmer so lighter desserts that are kinder to your waistline should be in order but sometimes you just want something decadent. I really love brownies...cheesecake...not so much on its own. However when I put the two together its a match made in dessert heaven.  For this dessert I had some stipulations I needed to follow though for no other reason than challenging myself:

- It needed to go in my ramekins
- It needed to use homemade dulce de leche
- Brownies had to be the base
- They needed to be made together, no cutting and assembling

So now that the challenge guidelines were set I could get to work. The dulce de leche was homemade and is soo easy to make...all you need is a baking pan, salt, and a can of condense milk...oh and your oven!  So I put my dulce de leche in the oven and went about getting the other things ready.  The brownies are ready in just a few minutes and only take one pot. The dulce de leche Cheesecake is also really easy to make as well. This is a great make ahead dessert  and ultra portable whether you make it in ramekins or bar form. I did both to see what I like more and the ramekins win...I mean anything in a ramekin automatically turns sophisticated right! The bars were really good but I wish I had doubled my dulce de leche recipe so i would of had enough to spread on top the bars. Everyone in my family enjoyed this dessert so I'm sure it ll become a staple in my home and maybe after you try it it'll become a staple in yours too. 


Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Brownie Pots

Dulce De Leche
- 14oz can condense milk
- pinch of sea salt

 **Double if you want enough to cover all the final product**
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- pour condense milk into 8x8in pan (I used a glass Pyrex)
- Sprinkle milk with pinch of sea salt and cover pan with foil
- Place 8x8in pan in a larger pan that is deep enough to allow you to fill it with water that would come half way up the sides of the 8x8in pan. 
- After filling the larger pan with water place everything int he oven and bake the milk for 1-1.5 hours until milk reaches a dark brown color with a soft caramel consistency
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature.


Fudge Brownies
Adapted from Bakingbites.com
8tbsp unsalted butter
40z unsweetened chocolate
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour


- Prepare ten ramekins (or 6 ramekins and a 8x8in pan) by spraying with cooking spray and set to the side.
- Melt chocolate and butter under medium heat. When fully melted turn off the heat and stir in sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Let mixture cool for 3 minutes and then whisk in eggs one at a time. 
- Finish by whisking in flour.
- Pour brownie mixture into ramekins and pan and set to the side while you prepare cheesecake mixture.


Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
Adapted from Fine Cooking

- 12tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 6tbsp dulce de leche
- 2tbsp flour
-  pinch salt
- 1/2 cup + 1tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs


- In mixer beat cream cheese, dulce de leche, flour, and salt for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla, continue to beat until smooth. 
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until just combined. 
- pour cheesecake mixture into ramekins (and pan if using) evenly.
- Place ramekins (and pan if using) on a baking sheet and place in a 325 degree oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes 
- Remove ramekins from oven and cool at room temp and then set in refrigerator overnight. 
- The following day top ramekins with remaining Dulce de Leche and serve.
Bars stacked high!



1 comment:

  1. LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!! You are a CRIMINAL for tru'! Serving all this yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete